Tuesday, December 12, 2006

John H

interesting topic. i like it. i'll weigh in with ...

once loved, but now makes me wince:
1. elton john ... though i still love tumbleweed connection, i cringe at captain fantastic or anything after '72.
2. chicago transit authority (the real name) ... i can still take about 6 songs off their first two albums, but they lost me by Chicago III. i think they're up to Chicago XXX now.
3. the dead. okay, i still listen to workingman's dead, but i never saw them live, nor did i ever want to, and i never owned anything tie-died. was it the lack of acid in my diet?

never could get into, but now can:
1. lyle lovett ... is my feminine side showing?
2. pink floyd ... DSOTM out-charted the Beatles, so i boycotted them till about '96.
3. zz top ... i never got it before, but i can't drive across texas now without a bit of these boys boppin' on the radio. loud. really loud.


Richard R

Nothing wrong with old records- and who am I to say?- but here are three i never need to hear until I go deaf (again):

The Doors
Santana
Tommy

inexplicably turned up instead of off:

If You Could Read My Mind - Gordon Lightweight
Behind Closed Doors - Charlie "Jack" Rich
I Just Called to Say I Love You - Stevie Wonderfullness' first finagle

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go check my shit for corn...

No comments: